1/3 Photos of Sweet & Sour Polynesian Chicken
Chicken and pineapple and veggies in a sweet & sour sauce. Quick, Easy, and Delicious :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (I use extra-light olive oil)
- 1 large carrot, sliced diagonally 1/8-inch thick
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package fresh snow peas
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1Mix raw cubed chicken with 1 Tbsp garlic, 1 Tbsp ginger, and 2 Tbsp soy sauce. Leave to marinate while you prep the veggies.
- 2Make sauce mix: You should have about 2/3 cup pineapple juice (add chicken broth if you need to make 2/3 cup). In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown & white sugars, vinegar, cornstarch, and remaining soy sauce. Salt to taste and set aside.
- 3Place large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When pan is hot add 2 Tbsp cooking oil and chicken (discard marinade). Brown chicken cubes, then remove from pan and keep warm. Wipe out skillet with paper towel then add remaining 1 Tbsp oil. Add carrots, onion, bell-pepper, and the remaining garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 more minutes. The veggies should be crisp-tender.
- 4Add pineapple chunks and sauce mix to pan. Add reserved chicken cubes. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens.
- 5Serve over hot Jasmine Rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Polynesian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 2230.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g