Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My brother use to make this when we would come to visit. I think this was probably the only dish he knew how to cook. It is really good.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- Cook penne pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Place the onion, leek, and carrot in a saucepan with the olive oil and sauté for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Place the tomatoes, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Chinese five spices into the saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tuna fish and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, season with salt, stir in a few spoonfuls of creme fraiche and pour the sauce over the cooked penne.
- Note: you can pick up the Chinese five spices at any grocery store in the Oriental isle. If not, try any Chinese specialty food store.
- Servings 4-6.