Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family love to try something new, and the first time I brought this to a family party, they loved it. It’s better served with hot steamy rice. You can change the oxtails with spareribs. I hope you like it
- 18 ounces oxtails
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 cm ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 green peppers, cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 fresh tomato, cut into 4
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml water
- In slow cooker, add water and oxtails,simmer until meat is tender.
- In a large pan, add oil then saute onion and garlic.
- Combine all other ingredients except the oxtails.
- Mix well and then add the oxtails.
- Cook with low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until thick.