Recipe by It's all good
This recipe has a unique flavor; the blending of pepper, vinegar, and sweet Vidalia onion compliment each other. Fantastic recipe for burgers, steaks, or as a side order.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced (Vidalia or Walla Walla work best)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sugar.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and most of their liquid has evaporated; 10-20 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring until onions turn a deep golden color; 10-20 minutes more (add 1-2 TBL water if onions start to scorch).
- Add garlic, rosemary, and vinegar; cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and more vinegar if desired.
- Will keep in refrigerator for 3 days.