Recipe by Pennie
This is the meatloaf my Mom always makes. She got it from my aunt. It can be sliced when cooled completely, but we always ate it like a casserole.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard to make the sweet & sour sauce.
- Mix half of the sauce with the meat mixture and put it into a loaf pan.
- I use an 8" x 8" casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the meat.
- Bake@ 400 deg. F for about 1 hr.