Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe in a Quick Cooking magazine. This meat loaf is the best I've ever tried. My husband and my son LOVED it! I think kids would really enjoy this, too.
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt& pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into an oval loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup.
- Take out meat loaf, spread topping, and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
I make a version of this with lemon juice instead of cider vinegar - also delicious! Thanks for a great recipe.