Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really tasty meatball recipe.
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Meatballs II recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- Prepare basic meatballs and cook.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar in large skillet.
- Stir in pineapple with syrup, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Stirring constantly, cook until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add cooked meatballs; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green pepper; cover and simmer until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
These are fabulous...made this for a cookout..the only thing I changed was I added some carrots to sauce and added a small package of mini sausages to the sauce