Recipe by greghafer
Great crock pot dish for picnics or parties! You can use homemade meatballs or buy frozen ones. If you use homemade you need to brown the meatballs first before cooking them in the sauce. Can be served alone as horderves or in rolls as a sandwich.
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 lbs small meatballs (1", size)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan bring the sugar, ketchup, water & soy sauce to a rolling boil.
- In a separate container mix the corn starch and cider vinegar, this will be added to the other ingredients to thicken.
- Once ingredients in the sauce pot boil, add the corn starch/vinegar mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Place meatballs in crock pot.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and cook on low until hot.
- The longer the meatballs slow cook in the crock pot the more the flavor of the sauce will go through the meatballs.