Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from my SIL
Top Review by breezermom
I have a similar recipe that adds onions and eliminates the water chestnuts. It also makes a lot more sauce, which I missed with this recipe. I didn't have enough sauce for my rice.....so I advise everyone to increase the amount of sauce in relation to the meatballs and veggies. I really enjoyed the water chestnuts....I think it added a bit to the recipe. The seasoning is very nice in this....thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb hamburger
- 5 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and saved
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, reserved from canned
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meatball ingredients down to hamburger.
- Make into 24 1" meatballs.
- Brown in medium skillet.
- Heat Sauce ingredients in medium saucepan.Cook and stir over low heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked meatballs, pineapple tidbits, water chestnuts, and green pepper.
- Heat to boiling.
- Serve with cooked rice.