Recipe by La Marz
Found this one on another recipe portal (in Spanish), and decided that it was good enough to translate.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped or minced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple (chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425°F Mix the first 8 ingredients, and form the meatballs with your hands. Butter a baking dish, and bake all the meatballs on it, for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, using the juice from the pineapple can, dissolve the cornstarch and add the pineapple chunks, bell pepper, tomato paste and vinegar.
- Put it in a sauce pan, and bring it to a gentle boil, whisking it constantly, until it thickens.
- When the meatballs are cooked, put them in the sauce, mix and served them over white rice.