Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
An easy sweet and sour meatball recipe, that tastes awesome.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion and salt.
- Mix together, then shape into little balls.
- In a slow cooker combine chili sauce, lemon juice and grape jelly.
- Stir in meatballs and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Made this tonight in a pinch. Glad I did - it was awesome! The kids loved it, even the super picky one! I did add some breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and some fresh parsley. Excellent, thanks ThatJodiGirl!
Everyone in our house loved these. So simple and delicious. I did add some saltine crumbs to the meatball mixture. Next time I want to put a bit of rice (porcupine meatballs) in the meat. Thanks for a great one.
These are the best. My family loves them. I make them in a skillet on the stove. They can be made ahead and reheated.