Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These meatballs are great as an appetiser or as a main course over brown rice. I promise they are a hit every time!
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (2 lb) package ground beef
- 32 ounces grape jelly
- 12 ounces Heinz Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into small cocktail-sized meatballs.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.
- In a large skillet, melt grape jelly over medium heat.
- Once jelly is liquified, pour in chili sauce.
- Let sauce simmer on medium low heat until meatballs in oven are fully cooked.
- Add meatball to sauce and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium low and let meatballs simmer in sauce for about an hour and a half.
- (This dish can be also be made in a crockpot.).