Recipe by Simply Chris
I searched thru 3 pages of Sweet & Sour Meatball recipes to make sure this was unique and I think it is. I got this recipe from a lovely woman named Iola back in 1973. It is still a favorite and requested by friends and family alike. You can use your own meatball recipe, or if you're like me...I sometimes run out of time and I use frozen already prepared meatballs.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, shopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, egg and spices.
- Shape into 50 meatballs.
- Place in 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Broil until brown, turning once.
- Spoon off excess fat.
- In saucepan cook green pepper and onion in butter or margarine until tender-crisp.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Place in fondue or chafing dish to serve.
- Place meatballs in crockpot, pour sauce over and heat on low for 3-4 hours.
- May be served directly from crockpot.