Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 72 hrs
- Wash and dry the limes.
- Make deep cross cuts.
- Crush jaggery.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in oil and add to the jaggery.
- Fill each lime with this and pack in jars rather loosely.
- For the next 3 days, stir with a long handled spoon in the jar.
- Turn limes at this stage.
- It would be nice to keep the jar in a lightly sunny position in the kitchen, as this aids the jaggery in melting rapidly and giving it a syrupy texture.
- Now, remove the jars and place on the pantry shelf for 2-3 months before serving.