Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Easy sweet & sour dish to prepare.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this a few days back. I substituted the molasses with brown sugar. I did not know what apple cider is, so, I had to omit that. But, I used 1/2 + 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar instead. I did not use fresh ginger at all(to be honest, I was too lazy to chop it that day). I cooked the lentils in about 6 cups of water + 3 cups of vegetable stock upto 4 pressure cooker whistles. The rest, I followed the recipe. Served it over hot Basmati rice and it was well loved by all at home. Thank U for sharing it. Its a great lentil recipe u got :)
- 1⁄2 lb dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 dash cayenne
- chopped fresh ginger, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the lentils in 3 cups of stock or water.
- In a small saucepan combine the stock, cider, vinegar, sugar and molasses.
- Add in the cloves, bay leaves, scallions, cayenne and ginger.
- Bring mixture to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
- Combine with cooked lentils and their liquid.
- Add the salt and cook until hot and bubbling.
- You may serve with basmati rice.