Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs leg of lamb, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 fluid ounces pineapple juice
- 2 fluid ounces vinegar
- 5 fluid ounces stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- heat oil and fry the meat in batches to seal.
- set aside.
- in the same oil, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- remove from the flame and add in the flour.
- add in the pineapple juice, vinegar, stock and sugar.
- place back on fire and stir until mixture thickens.
- add the meat, salt& pepper to the sauce.
- pour out into an oven proof dish.
- bake at 180 degree C for 2 hours.