Recipe by GrammaJeanne
Kielbasa & pineapple make a great combination in the simple, but very tasty dish. I got the recipe from my boss about 12 years ago and have used it many times since. Serve hot as an appetizer or as the entree for a light dinner with a salad.
Top Review by CompulsiveCook
I made this as an appetizer for a cocktail party and they were a big smash! I served them with coctail pics and placed a piece of pineapple on top of a piece of sausage. They were easy to grab and everyone thought they were great. Thank you for a really good recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chunk pineapple (reserve juice)
- 3 -4 lbs smoked Polish sausage (Kielbasa)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth (*See note below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice (*for a substitute to the chicken broth, you can use 1 cup juice/water with 1 bouillon cube and omit the salt); set aside.
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch thick slices; set aside.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, blend cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt & broth with a whisk until smooth.
- Add meat and pineapple chunks. Mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until hot, bubbly, and sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot with a container of cocktail picks. Servings listed are for appetizer portion.