Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ) can pineapple, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 green onions, Cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces after seeding
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Drain the pineapple slices and reserve the syrup for later use in the recipe.
- Mix the meat and the 1 TBLS of soy sauce.
- Shape the mixture into 36 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a glass bowl or plastic bag.
- Mix the reserved pineapple syrup, the brown sugar, vinegar, and 2 TBLS of soy sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the meatballs and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the marinade from the meatballs into a small saucepan, stir in the cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Cut the pineapple slices into quarters.
- On each of 6 12-inch metal skewers alternate 6 meatballs with pineapple and vegetables.
- Brush the kabobs with part of the sauce.
- Set the oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees F.
- Broil kabobs 4-inches from the heat to the desired doneness, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush occasionally with the sauce and gently push with a fork to turn.