Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great meal to throw together at the last minute. Nothing at all elegant about it, but the family loves this one.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ham steak, cut into 1 " chunks
- 2 onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 8 ounces sliced pineapple, , reserve juice (, reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- In large skillet on medium, heat oil.
- Cook ham and onions for 3-5 minutes til ham is browned and onions are soft.
- Stir in ketchup, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and dry mustard.
- Bring to a boil and stir in beans.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with pineapple slices and heat through.