2 hrs 10 mins
Recipe from Weber's Real Grilling. Super easy, fabulous taste. It doesn't taste very sweet or sour, the chicken had a great balanced taste (I did add bit more hot chili sauce to kick it up a bit). The recipe includes using the marinade to make "wilted baby spinach," which I will post below, I didn't have any spinach on hand so I don't know how that part of the recipe tastes like but the chicken was outstanding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce, such as sambal oelek (more or less to your taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, six thighs about 4 ounces each
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves, about 4 large handfuls
- 1In a small bowl,whisk the first five ingredients. Place thighs in a large, plastic bag and pour marinade over chicken, press out air of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Remove the thighs from bag, reserving the marinade. Pour the marinade into a very large skillet and set it aside. Grill the thighs over Direct High heat until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- 3Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil over high heat and allow to boil for 1 full minute. Add the tomato and spinach leaves and cook until the spinach is just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve the warm spinach mixture under the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Grilled Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: