1/6 Photos of Sweet - Sour Green Beans Loaded With Bacon
Green beans never had it so good! If this doesn't convert your hard-core bean-hater into a bean-lover, I don't know what will! We rarely have leftovers of this recipe, and when we do, they're GREAT the second time around. NOTE: You can substitute canned beans for fresh, just skip the directions for cooking the beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large cast-iron skillet, fry bacon until nearly crisp; reserve at least 2 T. bacon fat in the pan.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare beans: cut into 1-inch pieces; place in skillet with reserved grease, boiling water, and salt. Cover and heat quickly until beans steam (boil), then turn heat down and cook for 15-20 minutes (tender-crisp) DO NOT DRAIN.
- 3Mix cornstarch with sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and water; pour over beans; stir and cook until slightly thickened and clear.
- 4Crumble at least 4 slices of bacon into the beans; stir to mix. Use MORE bacon if this is more of a "main dish"
- 5OPTION: Fry 1 medium chopped onion in the bacon grease; remove from pan BEFORE cooking the beans; add with the bacon at the end.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet - Sour Green Beans Loaded With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1027.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: