1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Green Beans
2 hrs 15 mins
I don't recall where this recipe came from, but I've had it for many years. Great taste. I usually manage to have it half gone before it's time to serve. The beans can be left whole (for effect) or cut - it's your choice. Note that the marinating time is very important, and is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim beans, steam for 15 minutes, and set aside.
- 2Fry bacon till crisp; remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- 3Cook onion in the bacon fat until limp.
- 4Dissolve the sugar into the vinegar and add, with the beans and bacon, to the onions.
- 5Place in covered container and let marinate for two hours.
- 6Reheat just before serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 96.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g