Recipe by Gwen35
I don't recall where this recipe came from, but I've had it for many years. Great taste. I usually manage to have it half gone before it's time to serve. The beans can be left whole (for effect) or cut - it's your choice. Note that the marinating time is very important, and is included in the cooking time.
- 680.38 g green beans
- 5 slice bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim beans, steam for 15 minutes, and set aside.
- Fry bacon till crisp; remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Cook onion in the bacon fat until limp.
- Dissolve the sugar into the vinegar and add, with the beans and bacon, to the onions.
- Place in covered container and let marinate for two hours.
- Reheat just before serving.