4 hrs 15 mins
Chef Garlic's Note:
I found several Sweet & Sour Green Bean recipes over the years. Like any cook, I liked certain things about certain ones, and decided to make my own. So, here is the result! But, I dare you to have leftovers; as when you are lucky enough to, they are great cold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry BACON and remove from fat.
- 2Mix SUGAR, VINEGAR and GARLIC; add to hot BACON FAT.
- 3Cook mixture for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- 4Place BEANS in a shallow baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle ALMONDS over BEANS.
- 6Place ONION rings on top of ALMONDS.
- 7Crumble BACON over the top of the ONIONS.
- 8Pour SUGAR/VINEGAR/GARLIC/BACON FAT mixture over the top of the BACON.
- 9Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours.
- 10For a better presentation, I would drain the liquid off of the beans before serving, or serve the beans in soup bowls. But, keep the liquid, just in case you do reheat the beans.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 390.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g