Recipe by BecR
Another of my mother's salads, enjoyed by my family for two generations!! This is a great make-ahead salad for picnics, cook-outs, barbecues, potlucks, etc.
- 2 (1 lb) canssliced green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1 lb) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- fresh tarragon, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans with pimento and thinly sliced onion.
- Combine crushed garlic and salt with next five ingredients in a leak-proof container with lid; shake until well blended. Pour over salad.
- Cover and marinate overnight or several days, stirring occasionally- flavor seems to improve. Time does not include chill time.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon right before serving.