Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great appetizer that has a great sweet taste. People always leave asking for the recipe!
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Glaze Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Rinse and drain chicken wings.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make glaze.
- Add chicken wings and stir gently to coat.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and arrange wings on pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn wings and bake for another 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
These wings have a very authentic Chinese Sweet and Sour taste. They were very easy to make. I thought the 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil seemed like too much so I used less than a tablespoon and that gave it quite the sesame flavor. After baking the wings as directed, I broiled them for 5 minutes on each side to get them crispy. This gave the wings a beautiful look. These would taste great served as an entree with white rice.
Tasty wings Mmmm- I cut the recipe back to apprx 10 wings I also cut back on the sugar & used brown sugar substitut, also added 1 tsp Hot sauce. Very enjoyable dinner thank=you Hot Cook Thanks Hot Cook for a real treat sensation Cheers Bergy