Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
its what my mommy cooks in a considerably large quantity and then bottles and refrigerates...and its a favourite of the people who dine at our house and of my fathers...hopw you'll like it too!
- 1 cup ginger, skinned and sliced into chips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 green chilies, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons jaggery
- oil, to fry
- fry the gingers in hot oil untill they are golden brown taking care not to burn them up.
- keep aside to cool.
- grind it into powder form.
- heat a little oil in a pan to fry the onions and chillies untill the onions are transparent.
- add the ginger powder, tamarind pulp, salt, sugar and water to adjust the consistency as you desire.
- let it boil nicely.
- remove and serve when cold.