- 453.59 g dory fillets or 453.59 g similar fish
- 1 egg white
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8
- 1 onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 green pepper, thinly slices
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml drained pineapple chunk
- 14.79 ml minced gingerroot
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml rice wine
- 44.37-59.16 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 29.58 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade the fish in the egg white, cornstarch and salt for about 15 minutes (mix well; best using fingers).
- Deep-fry until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
- Fry ginger in 2 tbsp oil for 30 seconds. Then add the onions, green pepper, chilli and pineapple cubes. Sauté well. Add tomatoes and sauté for 40 seconds.
- Add the sauce mix (all the ingredients mixed together) and pour inches Boil and then add cornstarch and water mix. Let it boil and thicken a bit.
- Take off the heat and toss fish in, coating it well.