Classic Chinese take out.
Make and share this Sweet Sour Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dory fillets or 1 lb similar fish
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8
- 1 onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 green pepper, thinly slices
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup drained pineapple chunk
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 3 -4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- Marinade the fish in the egg white, cornstarch and salt for about 15 minutes (mix well; best using fingers).
- Deep-fry until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
- Fry ginger in 2 tbsp oil for 30 seconds. Then add the onions, green pepper, chilli and pineapple cubes. Sauté well. Add tomatoes and sauté for 40 seconds.
- Add the sauce mix (all the ingredients mixed together) and pour inches Boil and then add cornstarch and water mix. Let it boil and thicken a bit.
- Take off the heat and toss fish in, coating it well.
I made this last evening for dinner and it was wonderful! Just as good as any take out, and better than most :) Thank you Tunasushi!