Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. A friend of mine gave me this copycat recipe for McDonalds sweet and sour sauce. It is pretty close to the real thing.
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except water in a food processor or blender and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add water, stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Allow it to boil for five minutes, stirring often.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Store sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator.