Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
A great appetizer.
- 1 lb extra lean ground pork or 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- Meat Balls-----------.
- Mix ingredients and shape into about 25 1-inch balls.
- Cook in electric skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally--about 20 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in skillet.
- Stir in pineapple with syrup, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat.
- Add meatballs, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green pepper, cover and simmer 5 minutes until pepper is crisp tender.
- Serve with toothpicks.