Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really good, but annoying to make if you're really hungry and are not willing to watch it. Best to serve over rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (cut into 1 in cubes)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until golden brown (about 5 mins).
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until vegetables beginto soften (about 5 mins).
- Add pineapple chunks with juice, mix well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Add sugar, chicken broth, vinegar, and if desired food coloring.
- Blend throughly to remove any lumps.
- Add to chicken in skillet and mix well.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Best if served over rice.