Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can't decide which one, use both chicken and shrimp for a great fulfilling meal.
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Chicken & Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained, liquid reserved)
- 1⁄2 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Mix all ingredients for batter and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- While batter is resting in a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, water, vinegar, & ketchup.
- Heat sauce mix over medium until it begins to boil, stir, and turn to low heat and simmer.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and shrimp.
- Fry chicken and Shrimp for about 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, layer chicken, shrimp, and pineapple chunks over fried rice/white rice. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top.
This recipe is definitely a keeper. It makes alot of sauce and the batter is not so much that you can't taste the meat inside.
really liked this alot and would make it again