Recipe by Sara Westhead
Quick and easy way to make sweet and sour chicken or pork at home. You can also subsitute the meat for fish or shrimps.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless pork chop
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bottle Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce
- garlic powder
- onion powder (optional)
- ginger powder
- cumin powder
- sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chicken or pork into 1/2" to 3/4" cubes.
- Cut onion into 1" squares.
- After removing seeds, cut green pepper into 1" squares.
- Heat wok over high heat on stove.
- Add sesame oil to coat.
- Brown chicken or pork with onions, 3 dashes garlic powder, 1-2 dashes onion powder, 1 dash ginger and 1 dash cumin.
- When cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add pineapple and green pepper to pan and stir-fry approximately 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and onion mixture to pan.
- Pour in the entire bottle of sweet and sour.
- Stir to coat.
- Stir-fry 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with white steamed rice.