1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Chicken (Or Pork) OAMC
1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my daughter's favorite meals. We use chicken, the original recipe called for pork shoulder. This freezes very well. For an even quicker dinner, precook and freeze the rice in a separate baggie. If making and serving on the same night. Allow 45 minutes for the meat to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a large zipper baggie.
- 2Add garlic, reserved pineapple juice and ginger root. Seat bag and squish it around to coat the chicken with the marinade.
- 3Place the bag in the fridge and allow chicken to marinate for 45 minutes. (this can be done in the morning).
- 4While chicken is marinating, chop bell pepper and onion.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- 6Add green pepper and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add chicken and marinade and cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 8In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. STir to make sure there are no lumps. Add this mixture to the skillet. Stir.
- 9Add the pineapple chunks to the skillet.
- 10Stir until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- 11Serve over cooked rice.
- 12To freeze: Allow to cool. Package in a rigid container or in a large freezer bag.
- 13To serve: Thaw overnight in fridge and reheat on stovetop over medium low heat OR heat in microwave until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Chicken (Or Pork) OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 984.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 21.4 g