Recipe by mariposa13
Lowfat recipe. Can use purchased plum sauce to make this easier. This may be grilled in the summer, or broiled in the winter. Per Serving: 166 Calories, 2g fat, 1g Dietary Fiber
Top Review by hannahactually
This was very good, but I thought it was a bit too sweet. The directions, however, were very clear and concise, and my family and I really enjoyed it, although next time I might reduce the amount of pineapples and possibly omit half of the orange rind. Thanks so much for posting this yummy and unique recipe, Mariposa13!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 medium sweet vidalia onion, cubed into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, spears cut into 6 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate cubed chicken in soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Cut onion into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut pineapple spears into 6 pieces each.
- Set aside.
- Lightly oil grill rack and heat grill or preheat oven broiler.
- In small bowl, combine plum sauce, orange rind, gingerroot and red pepper flakes and mix well and set aside.
- Alternately skewer chicken, onion and pineapple onto 15 inch metal skewers.
- Discard leftover soy marinade.
- Place kabobs 4 to 6 inches over medium high heat or charcoal grill.
- Brush plum mixture over kabobs.
- Cover grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and brush again.
- Cover and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- If broiling, place on broiler pan 4 to 6 inches from heat using above times.