Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lowfat recipe. Can use purchased plum sauce to make this easier. This may be grilled in the summer, or broiled in the winter. Per Serving: 166 Calories, 2g fat, 1g Dietary Fiber
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 medium sweet vidalia onion, cubed into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, spears cut into 6 pieces
- Marinate cubed chicken in soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Cut onion into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut pineapple spears into 6 pieces each.
- Set aside.
- Lightly oil grill rack and heat grill or preheat oven broiler.
- In small bowl, combine plum sauce, orange rind, gingerroot and red pepper flakes and mix well and set aside.
- Alternately skewer chicken, onion and pineapple onto 15 inch metal skewers.
- Discard leftover soy marinade.
- Place kabobs 4 to 6 inches over medium high heat or charcoal grill.
- Brush plum mixture over kabobs.
- Cover grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and brush again.
- Cover and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- If broiling, place on broiler pan 4 to 6 inches from heat using above times.
This was very good, but I thought it was a bit too sweet. The directions, however, were very clear and concise, and my family and I really enjoyed it, although next time I might reduce the amount of pineapples and possibly omit half of the orange rind. Thanks so much for posting this yummy and unique recipe, Mariposa13!