Recipe by Wendelina
This sweet & sour chicken recipe is not deep fried. Easy to make and great for a special dinner party when made with fresh pineapples.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
Made this lovely and easy recipe for dinner on one of my fibro flare days and will definitely be a keeper for other days when I need an easy and quick dinner. From frozen chicken breasts to dinner served was less than an hour. I didn't have fresh pineapple, so I had canned and no lovely shell to serve it in. Used red bell pepper just for preference and threw in some snow peas as well for the green and made brown minute rice to make it that much simpler. A nice simple dinner after a very tiring weekend. Thanks for posting Wendelina! Made and enjoyed for team Mischief Makers - ZWT#7, South Pacific.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple (cut from 2 pineapples)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs skinless chicken breasts, boned and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- sweet and sour sauce (either fresh or pre-made)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pineapple in half lengthwise, cutting through crown, and remove fruit. Set shells aside, laying them upside down to drain. Trim core from fruit, then cut fruit into chunks.
- Place wok over high heat. Add 1 Tbs oil. Then cook garlic & chicken. Move up the sides of the pan. Add remaining oil, onion, green pepper. Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to vegetables. Add sweet and sour sauce. Stir until boiling and thick.
- Spoon chicken into one end of the pineapple shells. Fill the other end with rice.