Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally this was a recipe was from Feb 2007 Gourmet,but I DRASTICALLY changed it to a sweet+sour curry. I used tiny shells(cooled) to mix with the curry,+IT TURNED TASTING GREAT!
- 907.18 g chicken, cut in small chunks
- 425.24 g small shell pasta, cooked
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.57 ml hot curry paste
- 14.79 ml hot curry powder
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 793.78 g can tomatoes, blended
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 1360.77 g broccoli florets, defrosted
- 453.59 g peas, defrosted
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml grated fresh ginger
- 118.29 ml mincemeat or 118.29 ml sweet chutney
- 1064.65 ml coconut milk
- Cook shells.
- In a separate large pot, combine mincemeat, vinegar, ginger, garlic, tomato paste, curries, lime juice, raisins and briskly simmer.
- Add chicken, all vegetables, and simmer 20 minutes; taste and correct seasonings.
- When done, let cool and then mix in cooked COOLED pasta WITH IT.
very interesting recipe :D I halved it, which was plenty for four people. I used chicken fillets (chicken tenders), & cubed them. I omitted the raisins, since I don't care for them, and used the sweet chutney option. I used fresh broccoli. i did allow the chicken to cook for several minutes in the spices, before adding the vegetables, and added the peas towards the end, so that they wouldn't over cook. I added the coconut milk at the same time as the broccoli. I decided to omit the pasta, and rather serve this over couscous, which gave me plenty of sauce, which we enjoy. I found this more spicy than sweet and sour, but it was good. Another time, I might add chopped pineapple and some cubed bell pepper, if I wanted a sweeter curry. Good recipe, Larry, thank you! made for PAC Fall 2008