Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I prepare this often and I hope you will enjoy it too.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, pineapple, rice, carrots, bell pepper, onion and garlic in prepared dish.
- Place broth, reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and ginger in small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and pour over chicken mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers and rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro, if desired.