Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy way to cook chicken and good enough for company. It's easy to double.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can crushed pineapple or 1 can cubed pineapple
- Drain pineapple and set aside the juice to make the sauce.
- Mix the the dry ingredients and then add the liquids.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Put cut up chicken in a shallow pan and put pineapple on top.
- Pour sauce over, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- You can double the sauce if you want extra to serve over rice.
We did not care for this at all. Too much of a vinegar taste (I even added more brown sugar than what the recipe called for). The sauce didn't stick to the chicken. My family did not care for it at all. Signed, Bus Driver from Hastings, NE 68901
this was very easy to make but I found it very sweet. The kids loved it.