Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sister's favorite dish... she's a sucker for savory Asian food.
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Drain pineapple, reserve the juice.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- reduce heat and add vegetables, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended.
- Stir into the skillet.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
We liked this would probably use less ginger nex time
This was so simple to make, and tastes just as good as take-out sweet and sour chicken. Thank you for a great recipe!