1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Chicken
My sister's favorite dish... she's a sucker for savory Asian food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserve the juice.
- 2Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- 4reduce heat and add vegetables, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended.
- 6Stir into the skillet.
- 7Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in pineapple and heat through.
- 9Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 655.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g