Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Always an Asian Favorite.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet & sour sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Cook and stir chicken until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into hot skillet. Cook and stir onion and bell pepper until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in cooked chicken, bamboo shoots and pineapple chunks.
- Stir sauce mixture and add to skillet. Cook until heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice.