Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
It's pretty good
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 beaten egg
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg and roll in cornstarch.
- Fry in oil until browned.
- Place chicken in baking pan, pour sauce and bake in oven for about 45 minutes at 180C degrees or 350F degrees.
- Turn chicken over every 15 or 20 minutes.
- Can be served with vegetables or rice boiled with turmeric ground.
- Same recipe applies for chicken wings.
- Enjoy your cooking.
I altered the recipe due to what I had in my house. I don't have an oven so I used a wok to fry up some veggie chicken nuggets. I was running low on sugar so I used 1/4 c sugar and 1/4 c pineapple juice. I also added some ginger and crushed red peppers to the sauce. I stirfried some broccoli too and added the sauce then to the wok. IT'S PRETTY GOOD
This was excellent. I used boneless chicken thighs rather than the breasts.I added green bell pepper chunks, chunks of onion and pineapple to the pan before baking. My family said it was better than the local Chinese restaurants. I will make this again. I'm also going to try it with pork.
Made a 'chinese' supper, and used this recipe tonight. It was a big hit. VERY tasty, and quite easy to make. Thanks for this!