Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
from Julie Roberts and her Mom! from www.crookandchase.com
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1 inch squares
- 113.39 g can pineapple chunks, in its own juice,drain & save the juice
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml fat free chicken broth
- 19.71 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 19.71 ml cold water
- Combine the pineapple and orange juice, sugar, vinegar,& chicken broth in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Season chicken cubes with salt& pepper.
- Saute chicken until no longer pink.
- Chicken should be getting brown.
- Remove chicken to clean plate.
- Add peppers& onions to pan that chicken was cooked in and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the juice mixture.
- Simmer until sauce has been reduced by a third.
- Add cornstarch mixture slowly, stirring well until the sauce has a nice consistency.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Very good.I used more pineapple,because thats what I had.Thank you for the recipe.
This was delicious! I did add alittle brown sugar to give a more sweeter taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe.