1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Chicken
Danny Beason's Note:
from Julie Roberts and her Mom! from www.crookandchase.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1 inch squares
- 113.39 g can pineapple chunks, in its own juice,drain & save the juice
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml fat free chicken broth
- 19.71 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 19.71 ml cold water
- 1Combine the pineapple and orange juice, sugar, vinegar,& chicken broth in a small bowl.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Season chicken cubes with salt& pepper.
- 4Saute chicken until no longer pink.
- 5Chicken should be getting brown.
- 6Remove chicken to clean plate.
- 7Add peppers& onions to pan that chicken was cooked in and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Add pineapple chunks and heat for 1 minute.
- 9Add the juice mixture.
- 10Simmer until sauce has been reduced by a third.
- 11Add cornstarch mixture slowly, stirring well until the sauce has a nice consistency.
- 12Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (2266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 329.1 mg
- Sodium 514.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 134.8 g