Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted in the Recipe Adoption. Per review, it is has a little too much liquid, so I am making a couple of changes to the recipe. Hope everyone will give it a try!!! Cook time does not include chill time. This dish can be eaten either warm or chilled.
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cook 1 carrots in salted water until just tender.
- Combine with green peppers and onions.
- Simmer remaining ingredients together until flavors blend.
- Pour over carrot mixture.
- Serve hot, or may be chilled and served as a relish.
- Will keep, covered, in refrigerator several days.
This was ok. There was excess liquid, so I think you could either use less of the liquid ingredients, or use more vegetables. It freezes well, and will be very good as a relish with some meat, even in a taco sort of dish. Thanks for the different recipe.