Recipe by James Craig
The "Sun Bird" company makes a number of products for Asian cooking; among them are a sweet and sour mix for pork. I thought I would try the item cooking cabbage instead.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cabbage into 1& 1/2" pieces.
- Cut the onion into 1/4's.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
- Heat wok or skillet until very hot.
- Add oil; tilt to coat sides.
- Add cabbage; stir fry 1 minute.
- Add onions, ketchup, sugar, salt, hot sauce.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add broth; heat until boiling.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 10 seconds, until thickened.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable broth.