Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These beets are best made a day ahead. Then if you want them warm gently heat them. If you want them as a salad dish arrange them on Lettuce leaves. Either way they are very good
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beets, peeled,cooked fork tender and cut into french fry shape & size
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cook the beets and cut them (Use french fry blade in your food processor), Put in a bowl.
- ,setaside In a saucepan combine, Vinegar, orange juice, mustard, soy, oil and salt& Pepper Bring to boil Pour over beets and stir gently Serve warm or refrigerate and serve as a salad.
I do wish I would have liked this. Love beets and want to try lots of beetrecipes. This recipe was very easy to make but we did not like "the finished product". Way to oily (although 1/4 cup is not that much, don,t know what made it taste so oily), rather bland. No, I am sorry this was unfortunately not at all to our liking. Better luck next time.