Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a magazine clipping I've had. I still sounds good.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cooked noodles
- poppy seed (optional)
- Brown meat in hot oil. Add carrot,onion, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 c water; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over noodles sprinkled with poppy seeds. If desired, garnish with carrot curls and parsley.