Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy and flavorful pot roast. The gravy is more sweet than sour,serves well over rice instead of potatoes..
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast or 4 lbs rump roast
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In dutch oven or heavy skillet with tight fitting lid,heat shortening.
- Add meat and onions.
- Brown well,turning frequently.
- Add pepper,cloves,honey,sugar,lemon juice and salt.
- Bake 300 degrees for 3-3 1/2 hours,until meat is tender.