This delicious side dish goes well with German dishes, pork cutlets or a roast. Prep & cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in beans.
- 5Return to a boil.
- 6Cook mixture 5-6 minutes longer or until the beans and carrots are tender.
- 8In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 9Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 10Saute onions in drippings until tender.
- 11Add the apples, vinegar, sugar and salt; mix well.
- 12Cover and cook until apples are tender, about 2 minutes.
- 13Stir in bean mixture; heat through.
- 14Sprinkle with bacon.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet-sour Beans and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g